Woman dies in Lakes smash
Last updated at 21:18, Sunday, 10 June 2012
A WOMAN has died following a serious crash in Bowness.
The accident happened at 2.50pm today in Glebe Road, Bowness.
The 68-year-old woman, from Buckinghamshire, died at the scene.
A 77-year-old woman was also flown to Royal Preston Hospital with serious injuries.
Police, ambulance and fire services attended the scene this afternoon.
Windermere and Ambleside fire crews were forced to remove the roof of the car to free the people inside.
Glebe Road is now open again following the crash.
First published at 17:09, Sunday, 10 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I was at the accident, and helped look after the lady that died, so sad. RIP x
Make your comment
- Assessment concluded Millom killer was ‘zero risk’
- Witness saw Millom killer claim he was ‘the devil’ in back street
- Millom double death inquest - day three
- Millom double killer has sentence increased
- Millom killer had made attempt on his own life
- Neighbour called 999 after witnessing Millom killer's attack on dog
- Barrow man rammed pram into boy on bike
- Appeal to trace mountain bike stolen from Dalton
- Barrow skills and leadership academy powers ahead with new sponsor and skilled delivery team
- First glimpse inside new Cumbria hospital
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Furness Rovers delight in final triumph: with picture gallery
- Walney a real four-ce to take trophy: with picture gallery
- Hawcoat on a high after cup win: with picture gallery
- Barrow racer Jake speeds to success: with picture gallery
- Waring leads Alfred to Roose win
- A-team shock Hawcoat in Furness Bowls League
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner
- Take a bus trip back to the past
- Film night features lost valley industry
- Charities must clean their acts
- Diver claims to have found town sub wreck
- ‘I was totally focused - I was enjoying it’