Woman dies in Lakes smash
Last updated at 21:18, Sunday, 10 June 2012
A WOMAN has died following a serious crash in Bowness.
The accident happened at 2.50pm today in Glebe Road, Bowness.
The 68-year-old woman, from Buckinghamshire, died at the scene.
A 77-year-old woman was also flown to Royal Preston Hospital with serious injuries.
Police, ambulance and fire services attended the scene this afternoon.
Windermere and Ambleside fire crews were forced to remove the roof of the car to free the people inside.
Glebe Road is now open again following the crash.
First published at 17:09, Sunday, 10 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I was at the accident, and helped look after the lady that died, so sad. RIP x
Make your comment
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Water supply cut off in Ulverston
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)