Wind and rain to lash South Cumbria
Published at 13:29, Monday, 19 November 2012
SOUTH Cumbria residents are in for a wet and wild few days, according to the latest weather forecasts.
Heavy rain and strong winds are predicted across parts of the north-west in the coming days, heading into the weekend.
Commercial forecaster MetraWeather warns that up to 60mm of rain could fall in the north-west between now and Wednesday.
It also predicts that some coastal and mountainous areas will be lashed with winds gusting up to 50mph or 60mph.
The Environment Agency has no current flood alerts for the north-west region.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|