West Yorkshire man arrested after suspicious activity reported in Windermere
Last updated at 15:23, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
A POLICE dog has helped to track a suspected burglar.
Cumbria police arrested a man from West Yorkshire on suspicion of burglary when a member of public raised the alarm after witnessing suspicious activity in Windermere.
Just after 2.15am yesterday, Monday January 28, police received a call from a member of the public reporting suspicious activity in a commercial garage in Rayrigg Road, Bowness.
Officers were dispatched to the scene immediately and conducted a search in the area. Evidence of an attempted break in was found after three windows within the garage had been smashed. This caused around £600 worth of damage.
A significant amount of blood was also located on scene, suggesting that the offender(s) may have injured themselves. A large number of officers attended, including dog handlers, to conduct a search in the area. A police dog led its handler to a nearby caravan park where officers located evidence of a further attempted break in at a caravan.
As a result of a search of the area, police located a 37-year-old man from West Yorkshire in the vicinity of Rayrigg Road at around 3.30am.
The man was arrested on suspicion of burglary and attempted burglary. He was taken to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary after being found with a wound to his hand.
He was discharged from hospital yesterday and has been released on police bail until February 11 pending forensic evidence, with police inquiries continuing.
First published at 15:22, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery