BARROW police have charged a Dalton man following the burglary of a social club.
A BARROW man is in court tomorrow charged with carrying a sword in the street.
A BARROW man will appear in court tomorrow charged with masturbating in public.
BAE Systems is moving a section of the latest super sub through Barrow this morning.
OPPONENTS of a controversial decision to bring parking meters to South Lakes streets have triggered a delay to their introduction. (2 comments)
FRUSTRATED drivers in Ulverston faced long tailbacks after roadworks left a town in “gridlock”. (7 comments)
BARROW-BORN Chris Thompson has been forced to withdraw from the Commonwealth Games having not fully recovered from a lower leg injury.
A MILLOM stalker has had his bid to overturn his conviction rejected.
- Car ends up on its roof after Barrow road smash
- Cumbria police warn of 'bad batch' of drugs after man dies
- Thousands poured into fixing Cumbria police vehicles (2 comments)
- Ulverston campaigners reach fighting fund £5k target (17 comments)
- Anger as Sunday rail service bid between Barrow and Millom is halted (9 comments)
SOUTH Cumbria is set to experience a heatwave over the coming week.
• Click here to send us your pictures
CN Group has launched the 2014 CN Business Awards.
• Click here to find out how you can nominate local business people
BOSS Darren Edmondson hopes Barrow AFC’s attacking fire-power will gun them to more goals this season.
- Casson to hold open forum for Barrow AFC fans
- Barrow Raiders coach asks for explanation on referee's decisions (1 comment)
- World champion Van Gerwen in tip-top form at Cartmel
- Cartmel trainer celebrates home success
- Smith claims Lakeland Lanequest title
- Owen leads young Barrow swimming stars (1 comment)
CONTROVERSIAL on street parking charges are heading to the South Lakes after county bosses voted in favour of the move.
THE Evening Mail’s Reaching Out campaign is seeking to raise £70,000 for St Mary’s Hospice in Ulverston.
• Click here to donate
THE in-patient unit at a hospice is to be decorated and refitted to give it a brighter look.
• Would you like to apply for your organisation to receive £1,000 from the Lake District Farmers Armstrong Family Charitable Fund? Click here to apply
AN Assisted Dying Bill proposed by former Lord Chancellor Charles Falconer has received an even split during a debate at the House of Lords. Members of local disability groups and the Bishop of Carlisle have also had an opinion on the topic with some arguing for people to have the right despite their own religious views. A change would allow doctors to prescribe a lethal dose to patients judged to have less than six months to live in an attempt to ease suffering
CN Group has launched the 2014 Golden Apple education awards.
• Click here to nominate teachers, support staff, whole schools and learners
BEN Merriman MPharm(Hons) MRPharmS, pharmacist with the local and independent Murray group of pharmacies, talks about constipation
WITH thrills and spills in mind, JAMES HIGGINS and his family enjoyed time at Gulliver’s World theme park in Warrington.