Weather warnings as snow causes traffic chaos in parts of Cumbria
Last updated at 10:05, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
HEAVY snow in parts of Cumbria is causing severe disruption on the region's roads.
Barrow, Ulverston and Millom are unlikely to be unduly troubled by the weather but the snow is heavier in parts of the Lake District.
Weather warnings are in place in parts of the county and travel is being affected in the east of the county.
Exit slip roads at junction 37 of the M6, near Kendal, are closed due to the snow. The Kirkstone Pass, A592, has been closed because of snow between the Troutbeck junction and the Hartsop junction.
There is a wider reaching warning that the cold conditions could lead to ice on the roads and motorists should take care.
First published at 08:56, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|