Weather warnings as snow causes traffic chaos in parts of Cumbria
Last updated at 10:05, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
HEAVY snow in parts of Cumbria is causing severe disruption on the region's roads.
Barrow, Ulverston and Millom are unlikely to be unduly troubled by the weather but the snow is heavier in parts of the Lake District.
Weather warnings are in place in parts of the county and travel is being affected in the east of the county.
Exit slip roads at junction 37 of the M6, near Kendal, are closed due to the snow. The Kirkstone Pass, A592, has been closed because of snow between the Troutbeck junction and the Hartsop junction.
There is a wider reaching warning that the cold conditions could lead to ice on the roads and motorists should take care.
First published at 08:56, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|