Weather warnings as snow causes traffic chaos in parts of Cumbria
Last updated at 10:05, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
HEAVY snow in parts of Cumbria is causing severe disruption on the region's roads.
Barrow, Ulverston and Millom are unlikely to be unduly troubled by the weather but the snow is heavier in parts of the Lake District.
Weather warnings are in place in parts of the county and travel is being affected in the east of the county.
Exit slip roads at junction 37 of the M6, near Kendal, are closed due to the snow. The Kirkstone Pass, A592, has been closed because of snow between the Troutbeck junction and the Hartsop junction.
There is a wider reaching warning that the cold conditions could lead to ice on the roads and motorists should take care.
First published at 08:56, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Pirelli factory death probe ordered tougher safety measures
- See the full list of Cumbrian offences plus the latest H&S advice
- £1.7BN INVESTMENT IN CLEANING UP SELLAFIELD
- Cumbria sets up links with Chinese university
- BT to recruit engineers for Cumbrian superfast roll-out
- Carlisle's Northern Developments starts student housing build on old Tyne-Tees site
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
Coach, camping and festival tickets available
Book Now with only £45 deposit
Weston Park Staffs, 16-19 August
• Click here to order
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|
|Boosting Barrow and Furness|
|Love your life, Live your life||Community news pages - join the Facebook page for your town or village|