Heavy snow forecast in Cumbria for Wednesday
Last updated at 09:27, Tuesday, 12 February 2013
THE Met Office has issued a weather warning for parts of Cumbria as heavy snow is forecast to hit on Wednesday.
Adverse weather is already affecting travel today, with Barrow police currently reporting the A595 between Askam and the A590 is icy and advising motorists to be careful, but the worst is due tomorrow.
According to the Met Office, there is an 80 per cent chance of snow in Barrow tomorrow, although it is not directly covered by the weather warning.
Meanwhile, Ulverston falls within the area affected by the yellow warning – which stretches north and east across the most of the county – and can expect snow throughout most of the day before it gives way to rain in the evening.
A statement from the Met Office said: "Accumulations of 2 to 6 cm could occur at lower elevations, but perhaps more than 10 cm over some hilly areas, where drifting is possible in strong winds.
"However, the snow should ease and revert to rain later in the day, so snow cover at low levels should be temporary.
"The public should be aware of the risk of disruption, particularly to travel."
First published at 17:09, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Anyone told the highways dept ? or are they just going to leave us to it like the other week ?
Make your comment
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)