Volunteers needed to secure Ulverston Lantern Festival in 2014
Last updated at 08:44, Thursday, 09 January 2014
THE organisers behind one of Ulverston’s best loved annual events are calling on volunteers to make sure it goes ahead this year.
It was feared that the Ulverston Lantern Festival would be taking a break in 2014.
But after a meeting at the Coronation Hall last night it was decided the popular event would go ahead, as long as enough volunteers come forward to help organise it.
The festival committee's AGM has been brought forward in the hope that new committee members will be in place in time to plan the festival.
The meeting will now be held on Monday January 27 at 7.30pm at the Coronation Hall.
Volunteers are needed to take over the roles of chair, vice chair, secretary and treasurer.
First published at 09:13, Wednesday, 08 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|