Volunteers needed to secure Ulverston Lantern Festival in 2014
Last updated at 08:44, Thursday, 09 January 2014
THE organisers behind one of Ulverston’s best loved annual events are calling on volunteers to make sure it goes ahead this year.
It was feared that the Ulverston Lantern Festival would be taking a break in 2014.
But after a meeting at the Coronation Hall last night it was decided the popular event would go ahead, as long as enough volunteers come forward to help organise it.
The festival committee's AGM has been brought forward in the hope that new committee members will be in place in time to plan the festival.
The meeting will now be held on Monday January 27 at 7.30pm at the Coronation Hall.
Volunteers are needed to take over the roles of chair, vice chair, secretary and treasurer.
First published at 09:13, Wednesday, 08 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (10 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (3 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (2 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (3 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|