Dead animal falls on man at slaughterhouse near Ulverston
Last updated at 11:59, Monday, 18 November 2013
A MAN was injured when a dead animal fell on him at a slaughterhouse in the Ulverston area.
The North West Ambulance Service was called to the Dawn Meats Lindal Moor abattoir, at High Henning, Lindal, this morning to a report that a man had been injured when a dead animal had fallen on him.
The ambulance service said the man, in his 20s, was taken to Furness General Hospital, in Barrow.
The North West Air Ambulance was called to the scene but the man was transported by road ambulance. He was suspected to have chest, back and hip injuries.
In a statement Dawn Meats said: “We can confirm that a colleague was injured this morning at our site in Lindal Moor. Representatives from the company are currently investigating this incident and our investigations are ongoing. We are in contact with the colleagues family and he is under medical supervision at Furness General Hospital in Barrow”.
First published at 14:55, Thursday, 14 November 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|