UPDATE: Teenager charged with assault on school staff member in Barrow
Last updated at 09:23, Thursday, 27 December 2012
A 15-year-old boy has been charged after an alleged assault on a staff member at a Barrow school.
The teenager was arrested at 9.30am on Saturday after handing himself in to police, where he spent the day in custody at Barrow police station helping officers with their enquiries.
The victim, a male staff member at St Bernard's High School, in Rating Lane, found a youth on the school premises at around 11.30am on Friday.
The staff member challenged the youth, who is then alleged to have assaulted him.
The victim was treated for minor cuts and abrasions at Furness General Hospital but is now recovering at home.
The teenager was charged today and released on bail, on the condition he is not to contact the victim.
He is due to appear in court on January 4.
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to call Barrow Police on 101.
First published at 14:02, Saturday, 22 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|