Millom murder accused pleads not guilty
Last updated at 09:00, Friday, 28 March 2014
A MILLOM man accused of murdering his mother, sister and dog has pleaded not guilty.
• Millom family ‘a key part of community’
• Man’s grim journey to Millom to identify girlfriend's body
• Distraught Millom community unites in face of tragedy
• Millom son accused of killing mother and sister appears in court
John Jenkin, 24, appeared in Preston Crown Court by videolink today for a plea and case management hearing.
Jenkin, of Newton Street, Millom is charged with murdering his mum Alice McMeekin, 58, and his sister Katie Jenkin, 20.
They were found dead in their family home in Newton Street, Millom, on June 8 last year.
Jenkin, was also charged with causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, after a dog was found beaten to death in the back garden on the same day.
A trial date has already been set for March 4.
The defendant was remanded in custody by Judge Anthony Russell QC at the end of today's hearing.
This was the first time Jenkin had appeared in court to answer charges.
First published at 08:55, Friday, 07 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow Raiders edge past All Golds: with highlights & picture gallery (8 comments)
- Free dog healthcheck after Barrow's deadly parvo outbreak
- Fury over Barrow girl's school placement (51 comments)
- Trust running Furness General Hospital misses waiting times target for A&E - again
- Bosses braced for ‘bruising’ probe into Barrow maternity failings
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|