Millom murder accused pleads not guilty
Last updated at 09:00, Friday, 28 March 2014
A MILLOM man accused of murdering his mother, sister and dog has pleaded not guilty.
• Millom family ‘a key part of community’
• Man’s grim journey to Millom to identify girlfriend's body
• Distraught Millom community unites in face of tragedy
• Millom son accused of killing mother and sister appears in court
John Jenkin, 24, appeared in Preston Crown Court by videolink today for a plea and case management hearing.
Jenkin, of Newton Street, Millom is charged with murdering his mum Alice McMeekin, 58, and his sister Katie Jenkin, 20.
They were found dead in their family home in Newton Street, Millom, on June 8 last year.
Jenkin, was also charged with causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, after a dog was found beaten to death in the back garden on the same day.
A trial date has already been set for March 4.
The defendant was remanded in custody by Judge Anthony Russell QC at the end of today's hearing.
This was the first time Jenkin had appeared in court to answer charges.
First published at 08:55, Friday, 07 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|