Man charged following Barrow Island stand off
Last updated at 09:23, Monday, 03 March 2014
A MAN has been charged over an alleged disturbance in a Barrow street.
Barrow Police have charged Nathan Haughin, 35, of Schooner Street, Barrow Island, with a public order offence following an alleged incident in Schooner Street on Friday February 28.
Police were called to Barrow Island at 6.35pm to reports of Haughin allegedly causing a disturbance in the street.
A standoff lasting almost six hours followed with Haughin refusing to leave a flat.
Officers, negotiators and armed police were at the scene and shortly after 1am on Saturday Haughin was arrested and led quietly from the property.
He has been released on bail and will appear in court.
A 27-year-old woman was also arrested on arrested on Saturday on suspicion of having a dog dangerously out of control in a public place.
Police said she has been released on bail pending further investigation.
First published at 09:38, Sunday, 02 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together