Barrow residents without water due to a burst pipe
Last updated at 15:49, Friday, 13 June 2014
Residents in Barrow have been left with no water in their homes due to a burst pipe.
A United Utilities engineer has been called to Warwick Street after more than 30 reports of disruption to the water supply including no water or low pressure.
Some homes have been without water since this morning.
The inspector has managed to isolate the burst pipe section with 12 homes in Abbey Road, Barrow, still affected. A repair team is due to arrive this afternoon.
A spokesperson for United Utilities said: "We apologise to people for the disruption. We’ll get everything back to normal as soon as we can."
Have you been affected? Please leave a comment below.
First published at 12:32, Friday, 13 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
My family were affected by the burst pipe. Two workmen came dug the road up ordered a new piece of pipe and said they would work all night if they needed to so that the water supply would be back on. The lads had to wait for a pipe being delivered from Kendal and finally the water supply was back on by about 10.30pm. The Road was still blocked off until it was filled in later in the week but we were going on holiday the next morning so not sure what day this happened possibly the next day. We were very grateful for the effort these two lads put in and with a smile on their faces so thank you lads for your much appreciated efforts.
Make your comment
- Zero hour changes given mixed welcome by Barrow firms
- Man swipes rucksack in Barrow
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria
- Roadworks on A595 near Sellafield to start next week
- M6 lane reopens after multi-vehicle accident
- Girl airlifted to hospital after horse fall in Cumbria
- Lindale mum's hope after 'hellish nightmare' experience of Windermere sailor's death
- Haverigg cellmates on ‘Chicken Wing’ hatch cracking business plan
- WITH VIDEO: South Cumbria ‘Cinderella’ star wows Britain’s Got Talent judges
- Effort to unite woman with camera found in Windermere goes viral
- Barrow Raiders unveil new youth plans (2 comments)
- Windermere win for Silecroft and Barrow trio
- Medal magic for Barrow martial arts masters
- Barrow Striders leap to success
- Stan shines for Walney in Ulverston League
- Walney fishing comp offers up £1,000 prize
- Moffatt in Fantasy land at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Walney beat Millom in Barton Townley Cup thriller
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role
- Sad end for village lad who lasted 24 days in trenches
- Soldiers facing a daily struggle
- Three dozen killed in hospital ship attack
- Shock to system as men from India face snow
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music