Barrow residents without water due to a burst pipe
Last updated at 15:49, Friday, 13 June 2014
Residents in Barrow have been left with no water in their homes due to a burst pipe.
A United Utilities engineer has been called to Warwick Street after more than 30 reports of disruption to the water supply including no water or low pressure.
Some homes have been without water since this morning.
The inspector has managed to isolate the burst pipe section with 12 homes in Abbey Road, Barrow, still affected. A repair team is due to arrive this afternoon.
A spokesperson for United Utilities said: "We apologise to people for the disruption. We’ll get everything back to normal as soon as we can."
Have you been affected? Please leave a comment below.
First published at 12:32, Friday, 13 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
My family were affected by the burst pipe. Two workmen came dug the road up ordered a new piece of pipe and said they would work all night if they needed to so that the water supply would be back on. The lads had to wait for a pipe being delivered from Kendal and finally the water supply was back on by about 10.30pm. The Road was still blocked off until it was filled in later in the week but we were going on holiday the next morning so not sure what day this happened possibly the next day. We were very grateful for the effort these two lads put in and with a smile on their faces so thank you lads for your much appreciated efforts.
Make your comment
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes (2 comments)
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month (2 comments)
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark (1 comment)
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course