Barrow residents without water due to a burst pipe
Last updated at 15:49, Friday, 13 June 2014
Residents in Barrow have been left with no water in their homes due to a burst pipe.
A United Utilities engineer has been called to Warwick Street after more than 30 reports of disruption to the water supply including no water or low pressure.
Some homes have been without water since this morning.
The inspector has managed to isolate the burst pipe section with 12 homes in Abbey Road, Barrow, still affected. A repair team is due to arrive this afternoon.
A spokesperson for United Utilities said: "We apologise to people for the disruption. We’ll get everything back to normal as soon as we can."
Have you been affected? Please leave a comment below.
First published at 12:32, Friday, 13 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
My family were affected by the burst pipe. Two workmen came dug the road up ordered a new piece of pipe and said they would work all night if they needed to so that the water supply would be back on. The lads had to wait for a pipe being delivered from Kendal and finally the water supply was back on by about 10.30pm. The Road was still blocked off until it was filled in later in the week but we were going on holiday the next morning so not sure what day this happened possibly the next day. We were very grateful for the effort these two lads put in and with a smile on their faces so thank you lads for your much appreciated efforts.
Make your comment
- Rugby player, 15, suffers neck injury at Millom game
- Ulverston toilet debate continues
- Barrow hospital chef to appear on TV with celebrity chef James Martin
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Barrow street attacks surge sparks police alert (2 comments)
- Archbishop of York John Sentamu to visit Barrow
- Dinghy and boat trailer stolen from Ambleside
- Labour by-election victory gives party new confidence
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival
- Warning to Cumbria parents and children over suffocating 'Sleeper'
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Askam edge thriller:with picture gallery
- Trophy triumph for Vickerstown (1 comment)
- Ormsgill beat Millom to reach final:with picture gallery
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory:with picture gallery (18 comments)
- Rochdale run riot against Barrow Raiders:with picture gallery
- Barrow cricketer smashes world record (1 comment)
- REMEMBER WHEN: The Woolveridge brothers bossed Furness RL
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (2 comments)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker