Barrow residents without water due to a burst pipe
Last updated at 15:49, Friday, 13 June 2014
Residents in Barrow have been left with no water in their homes due to a burst pipe.
A United Utilities engineer has been called to Warwick Street after more than 30 reports of disruption to the water supply including no water or low pressure.
Some homes have been without water since this morning.
The inspector has managed to isolate the burst pipe section with 12 homes in Abbey Road, Barrow, still affected. A repair team is due to arrive this afternoon.
A spokesperson for United Utilities said: "We apologise to people for the disruption. We’ll get everything back to normal as soon as we can."
Have you been affected? Please leave a comment below.
First published at 12:32, Friday, 13 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
My family were affected by the burst pipe. Two workmen came dug the road up ordered a new piece of pipe and said they would work all night if they needed to so that the water supply would be back on. The lads had to wait for a pipe being delivered from Kendal and finally the water supply was back on by about 10.30pm. The Road was still blocked off until it was filled in later in the week but we were going on holiday the next morning so not sure what day this happened possibly the next day. We were very grateful for the effort these two lads put in and with a smile on their faces so thank you lads for your much appreciated efforts.
Make your comment
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together