Firefighters tackled Barrow blaze
Last updated at 09:06, Monday, 10 February 2014
POLICE and firefighters tackled a Barrow blaze.
Emergency services were called to Bath Street at 7.48pm Sunday February 9. Fire crews from Barrow, Dalton and Bowness were also at the scene.
Bath Street and Chatsworth Street were closed while the fire was dealt with. Officers said no one was inside the property.
There was no risk to life however members of the public were asked to avoid the area.
Police confirmed that the fire started in a garage and spread to the property. There were initial fears it could spread to a nearby nursery but that proved not to be the case.
First published at 20:29, Sunday, 09 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Last-minute agony for Barrow Raiders (4 comments)
- UPDATE SUNDAY 2.40PM: A595 closed in Cumbria - roadworks location switched (1 comment)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)
- Revealed: who will get superfast broadband in Cumbria (4 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|