Firefighters tackled Barrow blaze
Last updated at 09:06, Monday, 10 February 2014
POLICE and firefighters tackled a Barrow blaze.
Emergency services were called to Bath Street at 7.48pm Sunday February 9. Fire crews from Barrow, Dalton and Bowness were also at the scene.
Bath Street and Chatsworth Street were closed while the fire was dealt with. Officers said no one was inside the property.
There was no risk to life however members of the public were asked to avoid the area.
Police confirmed that the fire started in a garage and spread to the property. There were initial fears it could spread to a nearby nursery but that proved not to be the case.
First published at 20:29, Sunday, 09 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|