Cumbria train line reopens - short delays
Last updated at 08:39, Friday, 13 December 2013
RAIL passengers in Cumbria will experience 15 minute delays as the train line near Bootle reopens after an HGV hit a bridge.
Police were called at 6.01pm on Wednesday after a heavy goods vehicle collided with a humpback bridge near Bootle.
Trains were suspended while Network Rail engineers were called to the scene to assess the bridge, causing major disruption to the timetable throughout the day.
There were no injuries.
First published at 07:02, Thursday, 12 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
What a joke ! half hour delay for buses ?????
Northern Rail sent ONE bus to Millom to take take two FULL PACKED Train loads of passengers to Sellafield, a second bus arrived 1 hour and 40 mins later, again passengers left behind as this one bus was overfull.! I arrived 2.5 hrs late for work others were 3.5 hours late for work, others have not yet arrived ! NORTHERN TRAINS GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. its pathetic.
Make your comment
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect (1 comment)
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength