Cumbria train line reopens - short delays
Last updated at 08:39, Friday, 13 December 2013
RAIL passengers in Cumbria will experience 15 minute delays as the train line near Bootle reopens after an HGV hit a bridge.
Police were called at 6.01pm on Wednesday after a heavy goods vehicle collided with a humpback bridge near Bootle.
Trains were suspended while Network Rail engineers were called to the scene to assess the bridge, causing major disruption to the timetable throughout the day.
There were no injuries.
First published at 07:02, Thursday, 12 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
What a joke ! half hour delay for buses ?????
Northern Rail sent ONE bus to Millom to take take two FULL PACKED Train loads of passengers to Sellafield, a second bus arrived 1 hour and 40 mins later, again passengers left behind as this one bus was overfull.! I arrived 2.5 hrs late for work others were 3.5 hours late for work, others have not yet arrived ! NORTHERN TRAINS GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. its pathetic.
Make your comment
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid