University of Cumbria Ambleside campus to reopen in 2014
Last updated at 13:09, Friday, 30 November 2012
THE Ambleside campus of the University of Cumbria is to be fully reopened by 2014.
The announcement paves the way for 400 students to return to the campus, which will be reduced in size as part of the first phase of the campus development masterplan.
Surplus land and buildings will be sold of to raise money to pay for the development.
The news has been welcomed by South Lakes MP Tim Farron and local councillor Heidi Halliday.
Mr Farron said: "Knowing that our campaign has ensured that the campus has a major future is great news. I will now continue to work with the community, Lakes Parish Council and others to make sure we hold the university to its word."
First published at 13:06, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|