University of Cumbria Ambleside campus to reopen in 2014
Last updated at 13:09, Friday, 30 November 2012
THE Ambleside campus of the University of Cumbria is to be fully reopened by 2014.
The announcement paves the way for 400 students to return to the campus, which will be reduced in size as part of the first phase of the campus development masterplan.
Surplus land and buildings will be sold of to raise money to pay for the development.
The news has been welcomed by South Lakes MP Tim Farron and local councillor Heidi Halliday.
Mr Farron said: "Knowing that our campaign has ensured that the campus has a major future is great news. I will now continue to work with the community, Lakes Parish Council and others to make sure we hold the university to its word."
First published at 13:06, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|