University of Cumbria Ambleside campus to reopen in 2014
Last updated at 13:09, Friday, 30 November 2012
THE Ambleside campus of the University of Cumbria is to be fully reopened by 2014.
The announcement paves the way for 400 students to return to the campus, which will be reduced in size as part of the first phase of the campus development masterplan.
Surplus land and buildings will be sold of to raise money to pay for the development.
The news has been welcomed by South Lakes MP Tim Farron and local councillor Heidi Halliday.
Mr Farron said: "Knowing that our campaign has ensured that the campus has a major future is great news. I will now continue to work with the community, Lakes Parish Council and others to make sure we hold the university to its word."
First published at 13:06, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (12 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (5 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|