Ulverston to feature in new John Bishop TV comedy tonight
Last updated at 11:08, Thursday, 27 December 2012
ULVERSTON is set to hit TV screens nationwide tonight when it features in an ITV1 comedy starring comedian John Bishop.
Bishop was among the big names to grace the town’s streets as they filmed for new show Panto!
The comedy drama features Mr Bishop as a local radio presenter entering the world of pantomime and Ulverston’s Coronation Hall has a cameo as the theatre’s exterior.
The show, penned by Mr Bishop and playwright John Harvey, also features Gavin and Stacey’s Sheridan Smith and 1980s pop star Chesney Hawkes.
Local radio station The Bay also makes an appearance in the show.
The station’s studio was taken over by cameras last month when the film crew shot scenes of Mr Bishop’s character, Lewis Loud, working away at his day job as a morning presenter for fictional radio station Morecambe FM.
Darren Milby, Drivetime presenter for The Bay, said: “It was fantastic to welcome the team from Panto! to The Bay and see, close at hand, what goes into producing a TV show.
“It was also quite surreal to be presenting my own show and to look across to the neighbouring studio and see John Bishop ‘on air’ as well.”
Panto! will air at 9pm on ITV1.
First published at 09:34, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|