Ulverston to feature in new John Bishop TV comedy tonight
Last updated at 11:08, Thursday, 27 December 2012
ULVERSTON is set to hit TV screens nationwide tonight when it features in an ITV1 comedy starring comedian John Bishop.
Bishop was among the big names to grace the town’s streets as they filmed for new show Panto!
The comedy drama features Mr Bishop as a local radio presenter entering the world of pantomime and Ulverston’s Coronation Hall has a cameo as the theatre’s exterior.
The show, penned by Mr Bishop and playwright John Harvey, also features Gavin and Stacey’s Sheridan Smith and 1980s pop star Chesney Hawkes.
Local radio station The Bay also makes an appearance in the show.
The station’s studio was taken over by cameras last month when the film crew shot scenes of Mr Bishop’s character, Lewis Loud, working away at his day job as a morning presenter for fictional radio station Morecambe FM.
Darren Milby, Drivetime presenter for The Bay, said: “It was fantastic to welcome the team from Panto! to The Bay and see, close at hand, what goes into producing a TV show.
“It was also quite surreal to be presenting my own show and to look across to the neighbouring studio and see John Bishop ‘on air’ as well.”
Panto! will air at 9pm on ITV1.
First published at 09:34, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|