Ulverston to feature in new John Bishop TV comedy tonight
Last updated at 11:08, Thursday, 27 December 2012
ULVERSTON is set to hit TV screens nationwide tonight when it features in an ITV1 comedy starring comedian John Bishop.
Bishop was among the big names to grace the town’s streets as they filmed for new show Panto!
The comedy drama features Mr Bishop as a local radio presenter entering the world of pantomime and Ulverston’s Coronation Hall has a cameo as the theatre’s exterior.
The show, penned by Mr Bishop and playwright John Harvey, also features Gavin and Stacey’s Sheridan Smith and 1980s pop star Chesney Hawkes.
Local radio station The Bay also makes an appearance in the show.
The station’s studio was taken over by cameras last month when the film crew shot scenes of Mr Bishop’s character, Lewis Loud, working away at his day job as a morning presenter for fictional radio station Morecambe FM.
Darren Milby, Drivetime presenter for The Bay, said: “It was fantastic to welcome the team from Panto! to The Bay and see, close at hand, what goes into producing a TV show.
“It was also quite surreal to be presenting my own show and to look across to the neighbouring studio and see John Bishop ‘on air’ as well.”
Panto! will air at 9pm on ITV1.
First published at 09:34, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|