Ulverston student behind the scenes at London Fashion Week
Published at 14:49, Sunday, 16 February 2014
A LUCKY student from Ulverston has the hottest ticket in town this weekend – being backstage at London Fashion Week.
The event, which got under way yesterday, will showcase the best of the industry’s creative talent.
All eyes will be on the top designers who will use the event to preview their autumn and winter collections.
But for students such as Lydia Rose Smyth, securing an internship at London Fashion Week can make a career.
This is a unique opportunity for the 19-year-old from Ulverston to work alongside the big names in the industry.
The University of Warwick student was spotted through her make-up blog Lydia Rose.
She is also a fashion writer for Hit The Floor magazine and a blogger for the Cumbria Live website.
Miss Smyth will be working with Fashion Scout’s blog team and is taking part in a photoshoot with fashion brand Motel Rocks.
Fashion Scout covers international and up-and-coming designers, reporting from the runway and backstage.
Miss Smyth will be working round the clock, but an internship at Fashion Week is a privilege many students dream of.
Speaking on the first day of the event, she said: “Fashion Week has been extremely hectic already. I went backstage at Lulu Liu to interview the hair and make-up artists and run some interviews.
“I also met one of my favourite YouTubers backstage, Sammi from Beautycrush.
“The atmosphere is electric and it’s so exciting to be working at Fashion Week.
“I will be meeting with Motel Rocks to shoot a feature for their homepage – weather permitting. It’s quite grim here in London. Later this afternoon I am scheduled for Napsugar, a Hungarian fashion designer.
“It’s going to be a quick turnaround; we have half-an-hour to watch the shows and it’s expected to be on the blog half-an-hour later. It’s seriously putting my journalism to the test but a challenge makes it all the more exciting.
“Tonight two legendary designers are showcasing their work, Pam Hogg and Pinghe. As interns we’ve been told to stay out of Pam’s way because apparently she has a tendency to throw shoes at people. I don’t expect to finish until 9pm tonight but so far I am having an amazing time.”
Top names showing their collections during the five-day event include Burberry, Julien Macdonald and Vivienne Westwood.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|