Ulverston man who attacked rugby player sentenced
Last updated at 16:38, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
AN Ulverston man who knocked out a talented rugby player with a single punch has been given a 12-month suspended sentence.
Barrow Island Rugby League player Sam Jones suffered a fractured temporal bone in his head and spent six days in hospital after Michael Cronin attacked him in Barrow on June 25 last year.
At Preston Crown Court yesterday, Cronin, 28, of Underwood Road, Ulverston, was sentenced to 12 months jail, suspended for two years, and ordered to carry out 275 hours unpaid work.
He had pleaded guilty to a charge of inflicting grievous bodily harm.
See today's Evening Mail for the full story.
First published at 16:24, Tuesday, 10 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|