Ulverston bar granted licence despite objections
Last updated at 16:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
THE future of Ulverston's newest bar has been secured after a premises licence was granted today — despite a number of objections.
Andy Steele's application to open his first licensed establishment at Bar 6, in Daltongate, was approved by South Lakeland District Council's licensing sub-committee at the Coronation Hall this afternoon.
Neighbours had complained over the lack of space for people to smoke and feared the impact it would have on nearby properties.
Committee chairman councillor James Airey said members had concerns for neighbours and urged Mr Steele to actively manage any issues that may arise.
Mr Steele said he understood the complaints but that he was relieved by the decision.
- For the full story, see Monday's Evening Mail.
First published at 16:24, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Dont know you mate but glad u got tge go ahead . And glad to see people trying ;-)
Well done to you .
Make your comment
- Shock figures reveal the criminal offences taking place in South Cumbria schools
- Memory of Millom man lives on as £5k is raised for charity
- Fostering call made after shock figures revealed in Cumbria
- Campaigners change strategy in battle for Ulverston town centre’s soul (3 comments)
- Tayla-made campaign will keep life-saving on track
- Runners pound Dalton streets in 10k event
- ‘Selfless’ widower from Ulverston honoured for £78k fundraising effort
- South Cumbria rabbiting gang laugh after being fined for crimes
- Travel chaos looming in south Cumbria as rail union votes on strike
- Barrow teen avoids jail for drunken headbutt
- Vickerstown reserves complete cup double: with picture gallery
- Dalton beat the rain and Carlisle
- Raiders coach blames Crusaders defeat on indiscipline
- Newbarns crowned Furness hockey champions: with picture gallery
- Table tennis ace Bolton fights hard for England
- Barrow U13s produce battling display in Wirral
- Furness schools battle out orienteering finals:with picture gallery
- Millom RL make cup progress
- Barrow Raiders suffer defeat at North Wales
- CONFERENCE North’s sharpest shooters
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gill Frankland and Gavin Bartlett-Hurlstone
- Ideas led to building style and new jobs
- Find story of families
- Public Hall date for top recording stars
- Treasures seen in 3D
- WEDDING ALBUM: Dale Sheila Park and Simon Hobson
- FOOD REVIEW: Clarence House, Dalton
- Small trains at the station
- Did resurrection man become slave trader?
- I’m still having DIY flashbacks