Two sought after alleged Barrow sex attack
Published at 17:14, Tuesday, 08 May 2012
A WOMAN was found distressed in a Barrow street after an alleged sexual assault.
The 22-year-old woman was found in the Duncan Street area on Friday and said she had been the victim of a sexual assault in a nearby property between 7pm and 10.30pm.
Police are trying to find two men who had been in the property at those times.
One man is described as white, 5ft 4in, in his early twenties, with dark black short hair, a round face, eyebrows that meet in the middle and wearing grey jogging bottoms and a white t-shirt.
The second man is also white, 5ft 9in, with short blonde hair, of average build, aged early twenties and wearing a blue T-shirt.
Both males had Liverpudlian accents.
Detective Sergeant Joanne Woods said: “We believe someone may have seen these two men with a girl prior to the incident and also may have heard or seen something in the Duncan Street area.
“Anyone who lives locally is asked to recall if they had seen a young girl with two men or heard anything untoward on Friday night. Any information you could provide - no matter how small you think it may be, could really help.
“This is an isolated incident but we would ask the local community to be safe when they are out, don’t go anywhere with people who you do not know and always make sure someone knows when you will be home.”
Officers are appealing for members of the public who were in the area around the time of the incident, or if they believe they can help, to get in contact with Barrow CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|