Two sought after alleged Barrow sex attack
Published at 17:14, Tuesday, 08 May 2012
A WOMAN was found distressed in a Barrow street after an alleged sexual assault.
The 22-year-old woman was found in the Duncan Street area on Friday and said she had been the victim of a sexual assault in a nearby property between 7pm and 10.30pm.
Police are trying to find two men who had been in the property at those times.
One man is described as white, 5ft 4in, in his early twenties, with dark black short hair, a round face, eyebrows that meet in the middle and wearing grey jogging bottoms and a white t-shirt.
The second man is also white, 5ft 9in, with short blonde hair, of average build, aged early twenties and wearing a blue T-shirt.
Both males had Liverpudlian accents.
Detective Sergeant Joanne Woods said: “We believe someone may have seen these two men with a girl prior to the incident and also may have heard or seen something in the Duncan Street area.
“Anyone who lives locally is asked to recall if they had seen a young girl with two men or heard anything untoward on Friday night. Any information you could provide - no matter how small you think it may be, could really help.
“This is an isolated incident but we would ask the local community to be safe when they are out, don’t go anywhere with people who you do not know and always make sure someone knows when you will be home.”
Officers are appealing for members of the public who were in the area around the time of the incident, or if they believe they can help, to get in contact with Barrow CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Councillor played solitaire during debate on 1,800 Cumbria council job losses
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|