More arrested after armed burglary in Barrow
Last updated at 15:04, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
FIVE men have now been arrested in connection with an aggravated burglary in Barrow late last night.
Police were called at around 11.25pm with reports that two men had entered a property on Ramsden Street in Barrow wearing masks and carrying weapons.
Then, after gaining access to the property, it is alleged they hit a man in his twenties on the back of the head with what was thought to be a weapon.
The alleged victim suffered no injuries and did not require hospital treatment.
Two elderly residents were upstairs in the property when the incident took place. They were not harmed and are not believed to have been involved.
A team of around 30 officers attended, including armed police officers as a precaution, and searches of the local area took place.
Properties on Albert street and Lord Street were also searched. No weapons have been found.
A 46-year-old man from Barrow and a 25-year-old man from Barrow were arrested during the early hours of this morning on suspicion of committing aggravated burglary.
They remain in police custody this morning where they are helping police with their enquiries.
At 1.04am today police were called to a pub in Rawlinson Street where three local men were stopped and searched.
The men - aged 18, 21 and 22 - were arrested on suspicion of possessing illegal substances with intent to supply after a large quantity of suspected cannabis was recovered that police believe is worth around £1000.
As a result of police enquiries today, police officers believe this incident may be connected to the aggravated burglary and have further arrested the three men on suspicion of aggravated burglary.
A fourth man, a 25-year-old from Barrow, has also been arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs.
All four men, along with the 46-year-old and 25-year-old men arrested this morning, remain in police custody this afternoon while they help police with their enquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Barrow police on 101.
First published at 09:44, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|