Two calls in two days for Cumbria mountain rescue team
Last updated at 22:15, Wednesday, 19 February 2014
A CUMBRIA mountain rescue team had two calls outs in two days.
Coniston Mountain Rescue Team responded to a call for help when a couple walking on the Coniston Fells reported themselves lost in mist in the Levers Water region on Monday afternoon.
The team’s search dogs assisted by two other dog’s from Lake District Mountain Rescue Search Dogs were deployed and the two walkers were found crag fast on Great How Crags, North of Levers Water.
Once made safe the couple were lowered to safety on ropes and escorted off the hill and taken to the team’s base in Coniston.
Twelve members of the team were in action again late on Wednesday morning when a lady slipped while walking in the Outgate area between Hawkshead and Ambleside and suffered serious lower leg injuries.
The lady was treated by Team members and staff from North West Ambulance Service and the Great North Air Ambulance.
She was stretchered to the aircraft and taken to Furness General Hospital, Barrow, for further treatment.
First published at 22:14, Wednesday, 19 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|