Two Barrow men remanded in custody following GBH charges
Last updated at 14:10, Monday, 21 January 2013
TWO Barrow men have had their cases sent to the crown court following an incident which left a 24-year-old with serious injuries.
Scott Dobson, 31, of Collingwood Street, Barrow, and Christopher Purcell, 30, of Vulcan Road, Barrow, appeared before Furness Magistrates' Court this morning.
Both men were arrested over the weekend and charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
Neither entered a plea in court and were remanded in custody.
They will next appear before Preston Crown Court on April 15.
The incident happened at around 5pm on Friday at a property in the Marsh Street area, Barrow.
The victim, a local man, is still in hospital in a stable condition.
Police would like to thank the public for their assistance with their enquires, and offer reassurance that this was not a random attack.
Anyone who may have some information about the incident is asked to contact Barrow CID on 101. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
First published at 09:44, Monday, 21 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (18 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|