Two Barrow men remanded in custody following GBH charges
Last updated at 14:10, Monday, 21 January 2013
TWO Barrow men have had their cases sent to the crown court following an incident which left a 24-year-old with serious injuries.
Scott Dobson, 31, of Collingwood Street, Barrow, and Christopher Purcell, 30, of Vulcan Road, Barrow, appeared before Furness Magistrates' Court this morning.
Both men were arrested over the weekend and charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
Neither entered a plea in court and were remanded in custody.
They will next appear before Preston Crown Court on April 15.
The incident happened at around 5pm on Friday at a property in the Marsh Street area, Barrow.
The victim, a local man, is still in hospital in a stable condition.
Police would like to thank the public for their assistance with their enquires, and offer reassurance that this was not a random attack.
Anyone who may have some information about the incident is asked to contact Barrow CID on 101. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
First published at 09:44, Monday, 21 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|