Train services delayed between Millom and Barrow
Last updated at 17:50, Friday, 07 September 2012
SERVICES on the Millom to Barrow line had to be stopped earlier this afternoon following a gas leak at Askam.
Three services were affected and road transport had to be arranged to take passengers towards Barrow.
The line has now reopened, however trains were delayed throughout the afternoon. The leak occurred at a building close to the line and the area was made safe by National Grid and the gas board.
Northern Rail spokeswoman Joselyn Rankin said: “Following an incident near Askam this afternoon, journeys between Millom and Barrow-in-Furness were affected. The line has now reopened and train services are returning to normal but residual delays may continue."
National Rail has confirmed that trains have now returned to normal.
First published at 12:40, Friday, 07 September 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted (2 comments)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|