Traffic diversions planned for Ulverston road while National Grid move a gas main
Last updated at 20:53, Thursday, 10 April 2014
NATIONAL Grid engineers will be closing a section of an Ulverston road over three weekends.
They are working to change the location of a gas main along Morecambe Road.
A short section, opposite the allotment gardens, will be closed and a diversion route will be signposted.
Work will take place this weekend, April 26 and 27 April plus May 10 and 11.
Work has been timed to avoid the Easter and Bank Holiday weekends.
First published at 20:52, Thursday, 10 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Less than 72 hrs notice of a Road Closure, even then they got the Dates Wrong on what they posted through the door ( Thursday 10th April) States Road Closed Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th April. and the "Map of Diversion" is printed so small you would need an electron scanning microscope to read it, and even then they cannot get the road names correct, Myself I would love to see someone try and drive a 40 ft articulated lorry into and along the length of Well Lane and manage to turn out of either end. Seriously the map was drawn up in February and obviously not checked.
Make your comment
- Elaine’s qualifications all add up to Ulverston firm's success
- UPDATE: Coroner records a verdict of accidental death at Windermere sailor inquest
- GSK’s £350m development reaches the halfway stage
- Car damaged by falling chair in Barrow
- Teenager needed stitches after Walney assault, man arrested
- Skate park boss and Millom council at loggerheads over contract row
- South Cumbria school praised for helping children feel right at home
- Chance to ride route of Barrow cycle race
- Barrow boy’s family hits out at children’s services
- SLIDESHOW: Barrow photographers snap up awards for artistry
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Capital result and good time for bonding
- RAIDERS REVIEW: We need to bring in a few quality players
- Texas talks throw up Barrow AFC transfer targets
- Barrow Raiders terror trio ready to be unleashed on Coventry
- County Matchplay Championship title first for Ulverston golfer
- Vets comp at Ulverston Golf Club a huge success
- Defending champions Furness back to winning ways
- Barrow Raiders unveil new youth plans (3 comments)
- Windermere win for Silecroft and Barrow trio
- Medal magic for Barrow martial arts masters
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
- All aboard for a free trip into bus history
- Just rabbiting on about DIY skills
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role