Traffic diversions planned for Ulverston road while National Grid move a gas main
Last updated at 20:53, Thursday, 10 April 2014
NATIONAL Grid engineers will be closing a section of an Ulverston road over three weekends.
They are working to change the location of a gas main along Morecambe Road.
A short section, opposite the allotment gardens, will be closed and a diversion route will be signposted.
Work will take place this weekend, April 26 and 27 April plus May 10 and 11.
Work has been timed to avoid the Easter and Bank Holiday weekends.
First published at 20:52, Thursday, 10 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Less than 72 hrs notice of a Road Closure, even then they got the Dates Wrong on what they posted through the door ( Thursday 10th April) States Road Closed Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th April. and the "Map of Diversion" is printed so small you would need an electron scanning microscope to read it, and even then they cannot get the road names correct, Myself I would love to see someone try and drive a 40 ft articulated lorry into and along the length of Well Lane and manage to turn out of either end. Seriously the map was drawn up in February and obviously not checked.
Make your comment
- Relief as second Cumbria climber accounted for after Nepal quake
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Child's BMX bike stolen in Barrow
- Range Rover damaged in Broughton
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Glasson take the spoils at Ulverston
- Barrow AFC trophy presentation at Holker Street
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (22 comments)
- Casson over the moon with Barrow AFC title success (10 comments)
- Edmondson hails title-winning Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton