Traffic diversions planned for Ulverston road while National Grid move a gas main
Last updated at 20:53, Thursday, 10 April 2014
NATIONAL Grid engineers will be closing a section of an Ulverston road over three weekends.
They are working to change the location of a gas main along Morecambe Road.
A short section, opposite the allotment gardens, will be closed and a diversion route will be signposted.
Work will take place this weekend, April 26 and 27 April plus May 10 and 11.
Work has been timed to avoid the Easter and Bank Holiday weekends.
First published at 20:52, Thursday, 10 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Less than 72 hrs notice of a Road Closure, even then they got the Dates Wrong on what they posted through the door ( Thursday 10th April) States Road Closed Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th April. and the "Map of Diversion" is printed so small you would need an electron scanning microscope to read it, and even then they cannot get the road names correct, Myself I would love to see someone try and drive a 40 ft articulated lorry into and along the length of Well Lane and manage to turn out of either end. Seriously the map was drawn up in February and obviously not checked.
Make your comment
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targeted by vandals
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together