Traffic disruption as BAE transports large 'jigs' in Barrow today
Last updated at 09:21, Tuesday, 10 June 2014
Motorists have been warned of minor traffic disruption as BAE transports large 'jigs' in Barrow today.
The jigs, which are large re-useable build ‘aids’ used during a submarine’s construction, are being transported today and tomorrow.
The first will be transported from ABP Ports on Ramsden Dock Road to South gate on Michaelson Road tooday at 2.15pm.
On Wednesday two will travel from Shipyard gate on Bridge Road and the Devonshire Dock Hall gate on North Road. The first will move at 9.15am, the second at 2.15pm. Each movement will last around 15 minutes.
There will be no disruption to parking in the area however there may be minor disruption to traffic for these short periods.
First published at 14:47, Monday, 09 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow AFC boost title bid with comfortable win (5 comments)
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|