Traffic disruption as BAE transports large 'jigs' in Barrow today
Last updated at 09:21, Tuesday, 10 June 2014
Motorists have been warned of minor traffic disruption as BAE transports large 'jigs' in Barrow today.
The jigs, which are large re-useable build ‘aids’ used during a submarine’s construction, are being transported today and tomorrow.
The first will be transported from ABP Ports on Ramsden Dock Road to South gate on Michaelson Road tooday at 2.15pm.
On Wednesday two will travel from Shipyard gate on Bridge Road and the Devonshire Dock Hall gate on North Road. The first will move at 9.15am, the second at 2.15pm. Each movement will last around 15 minutes.
There will be no disruption to parking in the area however there may be minor disruption to traffic for these short periods.
First published at 14:47, Monday, 09 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|