Traffic disruption as BAE transports large 'jigs' in Barrow today
Last updated at 09:21, Tuesday, 10 June 2014
Motorists have been warned of minor traffic disruption as BAE transports large 'jigs' in Barrow today.
The jigs, which are large re-useable build ‘aids’ used during a submarine’s construction, are being transported today and tomorrow.
The first will be transported from ABP Ports on Ramsden Dock Road to South gate on Michaelson Road tooday at 2.15pm.
On Wednesday two will travel from Shipyard gate on Bridge Road and the Devonshire Dock Hall gate on North Road. The first will move at 9.15am, the second at 2.15pm. Each movement will last around 15 minutes.
There will be no disruption to parking in the area however there may be minor disruption to traffic for these short periods.
First published at 14:47, Monday, 09 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|