Three people taken to hospital after crash on Cumbria motorway
Last updated at 10:37, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
THREE people were taken to hospital last night after a crash on the M6 which closed a section of the northbound carriageway for nearly five hours.
It happened at about 5pm between junction 41 at Catterlen and junction 42 at Carlisle South – about a mile before Southwaite Services.
The crash involved a black VW Golf, a black Ford Focus and an HGV. All three vehicles were travelling north at the time. An 81-year-old man, a 76-year-old woman and a 33-year-old man were all taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
Their injuries were not thought to be serious.
The motorway was closed so that the vehicles involved in the collision could be recovered. A diversion was put into operation.
Police are trying to establish the cause of the crash and are investigating.
Witnesses should contact PC 747 Stitt at the roads policing unit on 101.
First published at 18:54, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery