Three charged with Cumbria burglary
Last updated at 10:08, Monday, 10 December 2012
POLICE have charged three people after an elderly woman's home was broken into and Christmas presents were stolen.
Police were called to Cavendish Court in Warwick Road, Carlisle, in the early afternoon of Saturday.
Three people have been charged and all of the property which was stolen will be returned to the victim before Christmas.
Detective Sergeant Matt Scott said: “We are very pleased that we have been able to catch those who we believe are responsible and they will appear at court in due course. The elderly victim in this case believed that she had lost all of the presents she had bought, and that her Christmas was ruined. However, we have been able to recover majority of the presents and these will be returned to her.
“We stress the importance of ensuring that your home is secure, particularly at this time of year, when people will have a greater number of valuable possessions stored inside their homes. The majority of burglaries across Carlisle in recent months are as a result of insecurity. Do not let criminals ruin your Christmas because of an unlocked door, even if you are in your home, lock the door behind you because you may not hear someone come in if you are in another part of the house.”
First published at 10:07, Monday, 10 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|