Three charged with Cumbria burglary
Last updated at 10:08, Monday, 10 December 2012
POLICE have charged three people after an elderly woman's home was broken into and Christmas presents were stolen.
Police were called to Cavendish Court in Warwick Road, Carlisle, in the early afternoon of Saturday.
Three people have been charged and all of the property which was stolen will be returned to the victim before Christmas.
Detective Sergeant Matt Scott said: “We are very pleased that we have been able to catch those who we believe are responsible and they will appear at court in due course. The elderly victim in this case believed that she had lost all of the presents she had bought, and that her Christmas was ruined. However, we have been able to recover majority of the presents and these will be returned to her.
“We stress the importance of ensuring that your home is secure, particularly at this time of year, when people will have a greater number of valuable possessions stored inside their homes. The majority of burglaries across Carlisle in recent months are as a result of insecurity. Do not let criminals ruin your Christmas because of an unlocked door, even if you are in your home, lock the door behind you because you may not hear someone come in if you are in another part of the house.”
First published at 10:07, Monday, 10 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|