Road cleared following three accidents on A590 near Ulverston
Last updated at 11:44, Thursday, 18 April 2013
TRAFFIC is moving again after three accidents on the A590 near Ulverston.
The incidents happened between Park Road in Ulverston and the junction with the A5092 at Greenodd, just after 8.30am. Officers had previously reported stationary traffic in both directions due to the blockages.
A motorist contacted the Evening Mail to say he had queued for 15 minutes on the stretch of dual carriageway heading east, just before the Greenodd junction.
The driver said a Mini appeared to have hit a wall and spun round so that it was facing in the wrong direction. Around four vehicles then look to have piled up behind the car, he added.
An Ulverston police officer confirmed there were no injuries reported from a one-vehicle crash on the road, but said there is no further information that can be confirmed on the other incidents at this point.
First published at 08:58, Thursday, 18 April 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Scrap the proposed Greenodd roundabout. Impose a 50mph speed limit on the Greenodd bye-pass heading from Ulverston to Greenodd. Impose a 50mph speed limit on the A 590 from Rusland Pool to just past the junction with the A5092. Improve the road markings in the centre of the dual carriageway at this junction. Install speed cameras and strictly enforce the new speed limit. The only speed cameras on the A590 are at Witherslack. Traffic slows down there to minus 60mph, why not use them at Greenodd?
Make your comment
- Askam dad 37 killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery