Road cleared following three accidents on A590 near Ulverston
Last updated at 11:44, Thursday, 18 April 2013
TRAFFIC is moving again after three accidents on the A590 near Ulverston.
The incidents happened between Park Road in Ulverston and the junction with the A5092 at Greenodd, just after 8.30am. Officers had previously reported stationary traffic in both directions due to the blockages.
A motorist contacted the Evening Mail to say he had queued for 15 minutes on the stretch of dual carriageway heading east, just before the Greenodd junction.
The driver said a Mini appeared to have hit a wall and spun round so that it was facing in the wrong direction. Around four vehicles then look to have piled up behind the car, he added.
An Ulverston police officer confirmed there were no injuries reported from a one-vehicle crash on the road, but said there is no further information that can be confirmed on the other incidents at this point.
First published at 08:58, Thursday, 18 April 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Scrap the proposed Greenodd roundabout. Impose a 50mph speed limit on the Greenodd bye-pass heading from Ulverston to Greenodd. Impose a 50mph speed limit on the A 590 from Rusland Pool to just past the junction with the A5092. Improve the road markings in the centre of the dual carriageway at this junction. Install speed cameras and strictly enforce the new speed limit. The only speed cameras on the A590 are at Witherslack. Traffic slows down there to minus 60mph, why not use them at Greenodd?
Make your comment
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds