Road cleared following three accidents on A590 near Ulverston
Last updated at 11:44, Thursday, 18 April 2013
TRAFFIC is moving again after three accidents on the A590 near Ulverston.
The incidents happened between Park Road in Ulverston and the junction with the A5092 at Greenodd, just after 8.30am. Officers had previously reported stationary traffic in both directions due to the blockages.
A motorist contacted the Evening Mail to say he had queued for 15 minutes on the stretch of dual carriageway heading east, just before the Greenodd junction.
The driver said a Mini appeared to have hit a wall and spun round so that it was facing in the wrong direction. Around four vehicles then look to have piled up behind the car, he added.
An Ulverston police officer confirmed there were no injuries reported from a one-vehicle crash on the road, but said there is no further information that can be confirmed on the other incidents at this point.
First published at 08:58, Thursday, 18 April 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Scrap the proposed Greenodd roundabout. Impose a 50mph speed limit on the Greenodd bye-pass heading from Ulverston to Greenodd. Impose a 50mph speed limit on the A 590 from Rusland Pool to just past the junction with the A5092. Improve the road markings in the centre of the dual carriageway at this junction. Install speed cameras and strictly enforce the new speed limit. The only speed cameras on the A590 are at Witherslack. Traffic slows down there to minus 60mph, why not use them at Greenodd?
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory
- Cook scoops Player of the Season prize
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Saturday nights with Barrow Raiders good for me
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid