Thieves steal haul of lead from Flookburgh business
Last updated at 13:54, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
THIEVES broke into a South Lakeland business and stole one-and-a-half tonnes of lead.
The metal, consisting of 34 rolls, was stolen from a secure commercial premises on the Airfield Approach Business Park in Flookburgh overnight from February 13 to 14.
The offenders gained entry using force and loaded rolls onto a stolen trailer which was driven into a store room in the premises.
The empty trailer was found abandoned at the back of Cark Railway Station on February 14.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC 1434 Kelly by calling Ulverston police station on 101.
First published at 09:01, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Disabled Barrow man ‘happy’ as attackers sent to prison
- UPDATE: Cumbria road re-opens after crash, man taken to hospital with serious injuries
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|