Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
- Cinemas to reel back the years to mark Ulverston born Stan Laurel’s 125th birthday
- Barrow teenager turns to pedal power in memory of pal
- Review: Blues invasion has fans flooding the Bay
- Hospital bed-blockers costing trust £236k in just one month
- Officers could answer phones if Cumbria police axe control room jobs
- Councillors set to call for refusal of South Cumbria turbine scheme
- Dalton father calls for health boss to quit
- Dalton teen who punched pregnant partner in stomach due to be sentenced
- Dalton dad delighted with NHS review role
- Riders won’t be coasting on Cumbria seaside stage
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final