Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery