Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
- Search for owners of dog found on top of Lake District fell
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Witnesses sought after Millom tyre slashing incident
- Charity collection box stolen from South Cumbria garden centre
- Call for legal high crackdown after teens taken ill (1 comment)
- Cumbria fire cuts ‘have decimated service’ (2 comments)
- Ulverston Food Festival set to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Furness Enterprise legacy to live on after Barrow council steps in (1 comment)
- New Barrow jetty is ‘too short’ to use at low tide, claims ferryman (11 comments)
- Labour group in snub to first elected Copeland mayor
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Furness Rovers delight in final triumph: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner (1 comment)
- Take a bus trip back to the past