Spanish football journalist enjoys Christmas Eve in Dalton
Last updated at 15:50, Thursday, 27 December 2012
A RENOWNED Spanish football expert was spotted enjoying a Christmas Eve drink in Dalton.
Guillem Balague posed for photographs with customers in the Red Lion and Wellington Hotel, both in Market Street, on Monday night.
One of the people who met Mr Balague, who provides insight on La Liga for Sky Sports, said the journalist and author said his reason for being in Dalton was "a long story".
Mr Balague, who has also written for some UK newspapers, recently released his much-anticipated biography of former Barcelona player and manager Pep Guardiola, with the foreword written by Sir Alex Ferguson.
- Did you meet Mr Balague? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First published at 13:44, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I heard that he was in the area to talk football with Paul Regan.
Make your comment
- Inquest into Windermere sailor's death to take place today
- Family pay tribute to father and son who died in Cumbria crash
- Much-loved Barrow family man turned into firework
- South Cumbria detectives investigate two alleged assaults
- Call for new Cumbria community safety volunteers
- Man to be identified after body found on beach
- Police appeal after man attacked by three people in Barrow back street
- Zero hour changes given mixed welcome by Barrow firms
- Man swipes rucksack in Barrow
- Thomas The Tank Engine’s birthday has special significance for Cumbria (1 comment)
- County Matchplay Championship title first for Ulverston golfer
- Vets comp at Ulverston Golf Club a huge success
- Defending champions Furness back to winning ways
- Barrow Raiders unveil new youth plans (2 comments)
- Windermere win for Silecroft and Barrow trio
- Medal magic for Barrow martial arts masters
- Barrow Striders leap to success
- Stan shines for Walney in Ulverston League
- Walney fishing comp offers up £1,000 prize
- Moffatt in Fantasy land at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Reply pleasing and surprising
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- From trenches to Dunkirk role
- Sad end for village lad who lasted 24 days in trenches
- Soldiers facing a daily struggle
- Three dozen killed in hospital ship attack
- Shock to system as men from India face snow
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music