Spanish football journalist enjoys Christmas Eve in Dalton
Last updated at 15:50, Thursday, 27 December 2012
A RENOWNED Spanish football expert was spotted enjoying a Christmas Eve drink in Dalton.
Guillem Balague posed for photographs with customers in the Red Lion and Wellington Hotel, both in Market Street, on Monday night.
One of the people who met Mr Balague, who provides insight on La Liga for Sky Sports, said the journalist and author said his reason for being in Dalton was "a long story".
Mr Balague, who has also written for some UK newspapers, recently released his much-anticipated biography of former Barcelona player and manager Pep Guardiola, with the foreword written by Sir Alex Ferguson.
- Did you meet Mr Balague? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First published at 13:44, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I heard that he was in the area to talk football with Paul Regan.
Make your comment
- Search for owners of dog found on top of Lake District fell
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Witnesses sought after Millom tyre slashing incident
- Charity collection box stolen from South Cumbria garden centre
- Call for legal high crackdown after teens taken ill (1 comment)
- Cumbria fire cuts ‘have decimated service’ (2 comments)
- Ulverston Food Festival set to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Furness Enterprise legacy to live on after Barrow council steps in (1 comment)
- New Barrow jetty is ‘too short’ to use at low tide, claims ferryman (11 comments)
- Labour group in snub to first elected Copeland mayor
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Furness Rovers delight in final triumph: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner (1 comment)
- Take a bus trip back to the past