Spanish football journalist enjoys Christmas Eve in Dalton
Last updated at 15:50, Thursday, 27 December 2012
A RENOWNED Spanish football expert was spotted enjoying a Christmas Eve drink in Dalton.
Guillem Balague posed for photographs with customers in the Red Lion and Wellington Hotel, both in Market Street, on Monday night.
One of the people who met Mr Balague, who provides insight on La Liga for Sky Sports, said the journalist and author said his reason for being in Dalton was "a long story".
Mr Balague, who has also written for some UK newspapers, recently released his much-anticipated biography of former Barcelona player and manager Pep Guardiola, with the foreword written by Sir Alex Ferguson.
- Did you meet Mr Balague? Send your pictures to email@example.com.
First published at 13:44, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I heard that he was in the area to talk football with Paul Regan.
Make your comment
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Barrow man jailed for striking victim with piece of wood
- Rural Cumbria voters are calling for support
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Landmark Barrow hotel to make way for garage forecourt
- Arson appeal after Barrow shop fire
- Barrow vandals target mobility scooter
- Flog It! finds a priceless day in Cumbria
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Barrow Raiders need to play as a team - Kendall
- North Lancs and Cumbria League cricket season preview
- Millom out to maintain perfect start
- Holker eye play-off prize
- Sheridan can shine in Barrow AFC title decider
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton