Spanish football journalist enjoys Christmas Eve in Dalton
Last updated at 15:50, Thursday, 27 December 2012
A RENOWNED Spanish football expert was spotted enjoying a Christmas Eve drink in Dalton.
Guillem Balague posed for photographs with customers in the Red Lion and Wellington Hotel, both in Market Street, on Monday night.
One of the people who met Mr Balague, who provides insight on La Liga for Sky Sports, said the journalist and author said his reason for being in Dalton was "a long story".
Mr Balague, who has also written for some UK newspapers, recently released his much-anticipated biography of former Barcelona player and manager Pep Guardiola, with the foreword written by Sir Alex Ferguson.
- Did you meet Mr Balague? Send your pictures to email@example.com.
First published at 13:44, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I heard that he was in the area to talk football with Paul Regan.
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders