Spanish football journalist enjoys Christmas Eve in Dalton
Last updated at 15:50, Thursday, 27 December 2012
A RENOWNED Spanish football expert was spotted enjoying a Christmas Eve drink in Dalton.
Guillem Balague posed for photographs with customers in the Red Lion and Wellington Hotel, both in Market Street, on Monday night.
One of the people who met Mr Balague, who provides insight on La Liga for Sky Sports, said the journalist and author said his reason for being in Dalton was "a long story".
Mr Balague, who has also written for some UK newspapers, recently released his much-anticipated biography of former Barcelona player and manager Pep Guardiola, with the foreword written by Sir Alex Ferguson.
- Did you meet Mr Balague? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First published at 13:44, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I heard that he was in the area to talk football with Paul Regan.
Make your comment
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- WITH VIDEOS: Crowds lap up Barrow music festival fun in the sun
- Man's body found on Barrow beach - next of kin of missing Manchester man informed
- See the action on TV
- Talented Barrow athlete in running to train with Olympic star
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue
- Drunk man threatens Barrow shop staff
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital beats infection-free record
- Fears over ‘disgraceful’ cuts to Millom teenage support services
- Couple embroiled in row over Barrow train station disabled parking fine
- Walney beat Millom in Barton Townley Cup thriller
- Magic Maj takes all 10 wickets for Ulverston CC
- Bushby buzzing after winning golf's Evening Mail Open
- McKinley's delight after his golden moment for Walney Cents
- Barrow CC attack destroy Netherfield
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- Sub-aqua delivery on stamp anniversary
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia