South Lakes restaurant gets AA cooking award
Published at 09:06, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
A PRESTIGIOUS award recognising culinary excellence has been given to a Cartmel restaurant – the only one in Cumbria to receive one.
Rogan and Co, in The Square, was one of only four restaurants in the north of England to be given a three AA rosette today, joining the Freemasons Country Inn, in Lancashire, Wynyard Hall, in County Durham and 1851 Restaurant, in Cheshire.
Just one restaurant was awarded a four AA rosette – 21212 in Edinburgh.
The AA rosette scheme is independent from the establishments and recognises cooking at different levels nationwide.
AA hotel services manager Simon Numphud said: “We are delighted to award four rosettes to 21212 as well as being able to recognise 13 new establishments with the achievement of three AA Rosettes. All have demonstrated a high level of consistency and accuracy in the overall cooking standards that our inspection team have experienced.
“Restaurants serving food of a three Rosette standard are worthy of recognition from well beyond their local area and I am delighted that these very deserving restaurants have been acknowledged for their efforts.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|