Severe weather forecast for Barrow and South Cumbria
Last updated at 11:39, Thursday, 27 December 2012
WEATHER forecasters have predicted Barrow and south Cumbria will face a wet and wild day tomorrow.
Heavy rain and gale-force winds are expected to sweep through the region from 6am.
Coastal areas will cop the brunt of the high winds, with gusts reaching up to 41mph.
Despite the unsettled weather a mild day is tipped, with the mercury to rise to 10 degrees.
The Environment Agency has issued flood alerts for the rivers Brathay, Rothay and Winster.
"The river and lake levels have risen following the recent rainfall," the alert said. "The rain is currently forecast to ease off through Thursday but further heavy rain is forecast on Friday and over the weekend."
First published at 09:17, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow Raiders edge past Gloucestershire in cup (8 comments)
- Free dog healthcheck after Barrow's deadly parvo outbreak
- Trust running Furness General Hospital misses waiting times target for A&E - again
- Millom recycling centre closed for "urgent works"
- Low water temperature closes Furness swimming pool
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|