Sacked Barrow midwife guilty of misconduct but fit to continue working
Last updated at 14:59, Thursday, 30 January 2014
A MIDWIFE sacked from Barrow hospital has been found guilty of misconduct in two cases where babies died but has been deemed fit to continue working.
• Barrow hospital midwife trial day two - Manager ‘laughed’ at midwife when she raised staffing fears
• Barrow hospital midwife trial day one - accused over babies’ deaths tells of unit’s ‘turmoil’
Tim Skelton chairman of a panel sitting at the The Nursing and Midwifery Council, Old Bailey, London, today said Jennifer Emma Bowns was not a risk to the public.
He said: “The panel found that your failures put patients at unwarranted risk of harm and you brought the profession into disrepute.
“The misconduct involved record keeping for both Patient A and B.
“Overall this amounted to misconduct.
"It cannot be excluded that there could have been a different outcome if your failures had not occurred.”
- See today's Evening Mail for the full story
First published at 20:51, Wednesday, 29 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
How has she been allowed to carry on working. She was involved with two cases where babies died and she has been found guilty. This is outrageous.
Make your comment
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targeted by vandals
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together