Sacked Barrow midwife guilty of misconduct but fit to continue working
Last updated at 14:59, Thursday, 30 January 2014
A MIDWIFE sacked from Barrow hospital has been found guilty of misconduct in two cases where babies died but has been deemed fit to continue working.
• Barrow hospital midwife trial day two - Manager ‘laughed’ at midwife when she raised staffing fears
• Barrow hospital midwife trial day one - accused over babies’ deaths tells of unit’s ‘turmoil’
Tim Skelton chairman of a panel sitting at the The Nursing and Midwifery Council, Old Bailey, London, today said Jennifer Emma Bowns was not a risk to the public.
He said: “The panel found that your failures put patients at unwarranted risk of harm and you brought the profession into disrepute.
“The misconduct involved record keeping for both Patient A and B.
“Overall this amounted to misconduct.
"It cannot be excluded that there could have been a different outcome if your failures had not occurred.”
- See today's Evening Mail for the full story
First published at 20:51, Wednesday, 29 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
How has she been allowed to carry on working. She was involved with two cases where babies died and she has been found guilty. This is outrageous.
Make your comment
- Furness General midwife admits blunders which led to deaths of two babies
- Cumbria service that helps patients returning home gets extra funding
- Relief as second Cumbria climber accounted for after Nepal quake
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Child's BMX bike stolen in Barrow
- Range Rover damaged in Broughton
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Hundreds of Barrow AFC fans attend title homecoming celebration
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (25 comments)
- Special day for Barrow AFC skipper
- Proud Edmo hails Barrow AFC title success: with picture gallery
- Crarey delight as Barrow Raiders run riot (3 comments)
- Holker cruise into play-offs: with picture gallery
- Furness start title defence in style: with picture gallery
- Glasson take the spoils at Ulverston
- Barrow AFC trophy presentation at Holker Street
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief (2 comments)
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton