Sacked Barrow midwife guilty of misconduct but fit to continue working
Last updated at 14:59, Thursday, 30 January 2014
A MIDWIFE sacked from Barrow hospital has been found guilty of misconduct in two cases where babies died but has been deemed fit to continue working.
• Barrow hospital midwife trial day two - Manager ‘laughed’ at midwife when she raised staffing fears
• Barrow hospital midwife trial day one - accused over babies’ deaths tells of unit’s ‘turmoil’
Tim Skelton chairman of a panel sitting at the The Nursing and Midwifery Council, Old Bailey, London, today said Jennifer Emma Bowns was not a risk to the public.
He said: “The panel found that your failures put patients at unwarranted risk of harm and you brought the profession into disrepute.
“The misconduct involved record keeping for both Patient A and B.
“Overall this amounted to misconduct.
"It cannot be excluded that there could have been a different outcome if your failures had not occurred.”
- See today's Evening Mail for the full story
First published at 20:51, Wednesday, 29 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
How has she been allowed to carry on working. She was involved with two cases where babies died and she has been found guilty. This is outrageous.
Make your comment
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength