Road reopens after Ulverston pizzeria goes up in flames
Last updated at 10:53, Tuesday, 30 April 2013
A FIRE at an Ulverston pizzeria forced emergency services to close a town centre road this morning.
Firefighters from Ulverston and Barrow were called out to reports of a fire at Flames Pizzeria, in Fountain Street, at 6.27am.
A statement from Cumbria fire said: "When they arrived crews found that a blaze had taken hold of the shop floor. Crews wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze with hose reel jets."
A shop employee was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
Fountain Street, which was closed between Brewery Street and Church Walk, has since reopened. Police say they were made aware of the incident at 6.42am and the road reopened shortly before 8am.
First published at 08:07, Tuesday, 30 April 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Flames in flames!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course