Road rage white-van man stopped traffic on busy Cumbria road to attack car
Published at 18:14, Saturday, 02 August 2014
A ROAD rage white-van man stopped traffic on a busy Cumbria road to attack a car.
The man stopped his white Renault Kangoo van in the middle of the A595 near Whitehaven at around 7.10am on Friday August 1.
Whitehaven Police say he got out of his van and approached the vehicle behind him, a Silver Citroen with a male driver, and started behaving aggressively.
The man then stuck the windscreen of the Citroen with his hand numerous times, causing damage.
Police say traffic behind the stationary van was backed up, and appealed for any witnesses to contact Whitehaven Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
- Barrow and Dalton among most desirable places to live - poll finds (19 comments)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|