X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Residents urged to stay indoors at scene of Cumbria fire

RESIDENTS urged to stay indoors after fears of asbestos in smoke at the scene of a fire in Cumbria.

Emergency services are urging people in the Kingmoor Road area of Carlisle to stay indoors and close their doors and windows.

A fire has broken out the Cumbria Waste Management Centre and police said at this time there is a possibility that there may be asbestos in the smoke, and as a precaution people in the area are asked to remain indoors and ensure they have closed their doors and windows.

The road has been closed from the bypass, down to the junction at Hartley Avenue.

At this time no one is believed to have been injured.

Motorists are advised to avoid the area and seek alternative routes.

Please follow @CumbriaPolice on Twitter, or listen to your local radio station for updates.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

North West Evening Mail What's on search










Powered by
nwemail.co.uk/jobs

Hot Jobs

Loading latest hot jobs...
Powered by Zoopla.co.uk






Featured companies

Searching for featured companies...
Search for:

Vote

Should GP surgeries be open seven days a week?

Yes

No

Show Result


Reuse

Going digital

World's biggest coffee morning 2014

WCF pet and equestrian

Choosing a pre school

Come and join us 5


To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code

North West Evening Mail

Evening Mail Going Out