Problem-hit Barrow hospital trust reveals improvement plan
Last updated at 15:41, Friday, 15 August 2014
BARROW health bosses have revealed their improvement plan drawn up after they were placed into special measures following hospital inspections.
The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust says it has "redoubled its effort" on a number of existing projects and started the ball rolling on new initiatives after being given an "inadequate" rating by the Care Quality Commission in June.
It came following inspections of all its sites, including Furness General Hospital, in February.
The trust has now released its official improvement plan in response to the rating and its subsequent placement into special measures.
First published at 15:29, Friday, 15 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|