Premier League forward to speak at Barrow AFC dinner
Last updated at 08:40, Tuesday, 04 March 2014
FORMER Barrow AFC striker Grant Holt, who now plays for Aston Villa, will be the guest speaker at the club's end-of-season dinner.
The event will be held on Friday May 16 at the Abbey House Hotel, with tickets starting at £30 to include a three course meal.
The compere for the night will be BBC Radio Cumbria's James Phillips, who commentated on Barrow during their 07/08 promotion-winning season and has many stories to tell about his travels with the Bluebirds.
He will be supported by Preston-based comedian Russ Bland, who went down a storm at the club's comedy nights a couple of season ago.
But the star attraction for the night will be Premier League striker and Barrow legend Grant Holt. Mr Holt, who is on loan at Villa from Wigan Athletic, will be talking about his time at the club and his career since. This will be followed by questions from the floor.
Individual tickets are £30 a head, with tables on 10 available from £280.
For £40 you can book a seat at the same table as manager Darren Edmondson, or for £50 you can share a table with Grant Holt and James Phillips.
Ten per cent of the profits from ticket sales will be going to Radio Cumbria's chosen charity which is Jigsaw, the childrens hospice for Cumbria.
Prior to the event, BBC's Football Forum show will be broadcast live from the Cross Bar, and fans can attend to ask questions of the club's staff.
People will also be able to call in and enter questions via Radio Cumbria's twitter account. More information will be released nearer the time.
The normal awards night will still be held in the bar at the end of the last game of the season.
First published at 21:56, Monday, 03 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|